BUTTER CHICKEN/ MURGH MAKHANI

Hello readers,
first of  all let me apologise for not being regular with my posts. But I must say I've been so much missing blogging... Everyday I strictly say to myself to keep some time aside for blogging which is my passion but could no way find time for it... Of course some how I manage to cook and take pictures of it, but could no way find some time to post the recipes... Life is so busy nowadays, especially after my new baby came and I am happy that I am busy and I find it as a blessing, though I feel sad at times when I don't have time for blogging and sometimes for myself...
This is one of the posts I' ve been preparing since days, but couldn't make it to the site due to my tight schedule... Every time I open my laptop, my kids create some sort of problem and then finally end up closing my laptop without even shutting down..

Today on post is a very famous North Indian dish, Murgh  Makhani or Butter Chicken. There are so many varieties of Butter chicken recipes  I've tried,  this is one of the tastiest ones. There is one version of butter chicken my mother makes, which tastes so heavenly but never tastes good when I prepare them, however carefully I follow her instructions.
This recipe I found on TV and gave it a  try and it tasted good and hubby loved it too...


Here goes the recipe,
Ingredients:
  • chicken boneless- 500 gm
  • onion- 1 big
  • ginger garlic paste- 2 tsp
  • tomatoes, red, big- 3
  • Kashmiri chilly powder- 2 tbsp.
  • turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
  • tomato ketchup 2 tsp or more
  • Cashews( soaked)-10
  • Butter - 50 gm
  • kasoori methi- 1 tsp
  • garam masla powder - 1/2 tsp
  • cloves- 5 
  • fresh cream- 1/2 cup
Preparation:

  • Boil tomatoes with enough water along with cloves, discard cloves and peel the skin of tomatoes. Grind the tomatoes to smooth paste and keep this sauce aside
  • Melt butter in a non stick pan,  add onions until translucent. Add ginger garlic paste. Saute till raw smell disappears. Add Kashmiri chilly powder and turmeric powder. Saute well. Add tomato sauce and cook well on low medium flame. Grind the cashews to smooth paste, add little water to the cashews if required and grind once again... Add this cashew paste to the gravy. Now add chicken and close the lid to cook. No need to add water as water will come out from chicken and be careful that the stove is on low medium flame. When the chicken gets cooked add garam masala powder, kasoori methi, tomato ketchup. Mix well. Finally add fresh cream and off the flame. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with naan, or battooras 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kunafa

Bread pockets

chatti pathiri... layered pancakes with chicken filling & a happy news