CHICKEN TIKKA QUESADILLAS
You might be wondering why i was slow in posting a new recipe compared to last few weeks. Since last few weeks i was enjoying vacation, I was having break from work. And this week I had a cake order which meant the flow of blogging was broken. So i couldn't cook anything new and experiment. Now in two weeks I will be back to work, I am already dreading going back, so I will not be able to post as frequently. Weekends are equally busy for me, having to manage 3 kids and arranging things for one week and outing with family etc. etc,
|Cake i did last week as ordered|
After i complete a cake order, I almost collapse on the bed. The cake looks quite simple and effortless. But more than effort spent on cake its the cleaning of mess that requires more effort and energy. And sometimes the effort is not equally paid, making me wonder why I do cake orders. But this passion has turned out to be more of a craze in me. It has stole my sleep in many ways. Here is my page. Please hop over to my page and give thumbs up.
Moving over today's post it is a Chicken Tikka Quesadilla. Sounds good?
I love food, Indian or continental. But the best thing I love about any food is how simple it is to make. Like for this Quesadillas, if you have store bought tortillas, all u need to do is prepare a filling and sandwich filling in between tortillas. It's as simple as that.
The best part of Indian food is that no matter how complex it is to make, it is loaded with flavors and spices for your taste buds to have a roller coaster ride. Yes, especially for something like Chicken Tikka Masala, it is worth dying for kind of food.
So this is combining of simple Quessadillas with complex but delicious Indian Chicken Tikka gravy. And no doubt, how crazy delicious it is!!!
Recipe adapted from here
Over to the recipe,
- Chicken breast - chopped to small peices, 500 gms
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Kashmir chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Lime juice - of 1/2
- Curd- 2 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Tomato puree- Puree of 1
- Tortilla Large (store bought) - 3-4
- Mozzarella Cheese - to sprinkle, about 1 cup
- Marinate chicken pieces with given ingredients.
- Heat butter in a pan and add marinated chicken, Saute.
- Now add the tomato puree, Mix well. Close the lid and cook.
- Once the chicken is cooked keep the lid open and let the water evaporate completely from pan. Keep mixing with wooden spoon at regular intervals so the gravy do not burn.
- Once done of the flame.
- Now heat a grill pan, Slightly grease with butter.
- Place a half tortilla (cut tortilla into two to get a semi circle) onto the pan.
- Place 1/4 th to 1/3 rd of prepared filling onto the tortilla. Spread the filling onto tortilla.
- Now sprinkle a generous amount of cheese, Place another semi circle of tortilla on top. And grill for 2-3 minutes.
- Now carefully flip Quesadilla and grill the other side.
- Repeat with remaining filling and tortilla.
- Place Quesadilla into a plate and serve in triangular slices.
- Serve hot.