Chicken Cutlets


Its Ramadhan and the schedule is hectic for me as I am into working too. But Alhamdulillah the less working hours in Ramadhan has helped a bit and no matter how tired I feel, I still feel the urge to blog and post all the snacks I make for Iftar. Chicken cutlet is one of the commonly made snacks at home and thus I never felt motivated to post such a common recipe. But I realized once again what seems common and normal for us is not always the same for others. At school I work, my colleagues and me were having casual chat about snacks and they were very keen to know how to make cutlet. As we belong to different parts of the country our food and tastes are pretty different.


Chicken cutlets are easy to make and is wonderful tea time snack. I love how the spice in it goes well with hot tea. I also love its mushy inside and crunchy outside when fried and served immediately. My kids love it and was demanded by my 6 year old for breaking her fast during Iftar.


Over to the recipe,
Ingredients:
  • Chicken, boiled with salt and pepper- 200 gms shredded
  • Potato- 2 medium
  • Onion- 2 medium
  • Ginger- garlic paste- 1 tsp
  • Green chilli- 2 split lengthwise
  • Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
  • garam masala- 1/2 tsp
  • Curry leaves- 1 stem
  • Coriander leaves- chopped finely- 2 tbsp.
  • egg- 1 mixed with little water
  • bread crumbs- as needed
  • salt- to taste
Method:
  • Cut potatoes into two. No need to peel.
  • In a pressure cooker, boil potatoes with turmeric and salt for three whistles on medium flame. Off the flame and keep aside till pressure dissipates.
  • In a pan, heat oil. Saute onion, ginger-garlic paste, green chillies. Add salt and cook till onions turn translucent.
  • Add turmeric powder and garam masala powder.
  • Add shredded chicken and coriander leaves and give one final mix.
  • Off flame.
  • Now take the potatoes from pressure cooker and peel the skin gently with your fingers. Add the potatoes to chicken mixture and mash well and mix everything together.
  • Now make a big lime size ball and press gently on the palm of your hands to form patties.
  • Dip this into egg and water mix, beaten thoroughly together. 
  • Coat it in bread crumbs.
  • Repeat the same with remaining cutlets.
  • In a big fry pan with oil in half inch depth, fry the cutlets on medium flame.
  • Serve hot with Tomato ketchup

  • NOTE:
  • Do not fry the cutlets for too long or on too low flame. This will cook the potatoes further and make them crack.
  • Serve hot to enjoy its crispiness.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kunafa

Bread pockets

chatti pathiri... layered pancakes with chicken filling & a happy news