Kayiyum muttayum


I am sure once this post makes way to blog, some of my friends will atleast be rolling their eyes. I know this is one of the simplest recipes we prepare at home. But at the same time there are many who are not aware of it much, especially outside Kannur. No matter how simple it is, Kayiyum Muttayum (plantain bananas with sweet scrambled egg) never ceases to trigger our greediness towards it.
Also  I need to keep a collection of all the Malabar delicacies we make at home to share it with all those are not aware of it.



As most of my readers are from Kerala, I need not explain what Kayiyum Muttayum means. This is perfect for tea time and easiest snack to make whenever an unexpected guest visits. This is surely the first thing in my list whenever I have such guests.


Ingredients:
Plantain bananas : 3 big
Oil for deep frying
Eggs - 2 large
Sugar- 6 tsp
Cardamom powder- 1/4 tsp
Ghee- 1-2 tbsp.

Chop the plantain in medium small cubes.
Deep fry in hot oil in a wok till golden brown. You may fry in 3-4 batches. make sure you do not burn it. Transfer the fried plantains into a plate.
Now beat eggs lightly with sugar and cardamom powder using a fork. Keep aside.
Now heat a pan with ghee. You may add cashews and raisins if you want.
Now to the hot ghee, pour the lightly beaten eggs and scramble using a wooden spoon.
Throw in the fried plantains and mix everything together.
Serve hot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kunafa

Bread pockets

chatti pathiri... layered pancakes with chicken filling & a happy news