Feeling refreshed and energetic after a long and well spent weekend and holidays of Eid. Had wonderful Eid, which began with early morning Eid prayers. Though the climate was hot and humid with friends around it seemed perfect. After returning home, prepared Eid special breakfast and a cake to be cut at my Mother's place to have after lunch after Umma's special mutton biryani. After the Biryani a nap was very much needed without which the biryani hangover and previous nights very little sleep would have left us tired and drowsy.
After the tea time we had a series of visiting to various places, like cafes, restaurants, Al Qudra lake and very long and satisfying drive to Delma Island which marked the end of Eid holidays with a crazy gang of friends. In the end of the day all that needed was a good tight sleep to compensate all the sleepless tiring nights we had during during our journey.
To feel refreshed an Iced tea is surely a perfect choice. It is very much easy to make except we need to be a little patient until it cools and chills.
Over to the recipe,
- Mint flavored tea- 2 tea bags
- Water- 3 cups
- Sugar- 6 tbsp.
- Mint leaves- a stem
- Lime- 1
- Boil water and tea bags to boiling water and turn off heat,
- Add mint immediately and keep the tea covered for a while till it cools.
- Stir in sugar with a spoon till it dissolves.
- Refrigerate tea till it is cold or add ice cubes. If adding Ice cubes the tea will get further mild than strong.
- Finally squeeze in lime and serve cold in a serving glass with mint leaves and a slice of lime.