Did I tell you, I love sandwiches & wraps. It's easy to put together so many different things to give you a filling and satisfying meal. You can make use of so many left-overs sleeping in your fridge and saved from "thrown to the garbage" climax. This is a stuffed Tortilla recipe, which was served for lunch one day, which was one of the rarest day when rice wasn't served for lunch. Hubby too was happy, for he wasn't forced to eat rice and yet had a filling lunch. Happiest was me, as I had the carrot cabbage mix in advance, which I used the previous day for toast and it was less time consuming, effortless and most importantly less dishes to wash. This truely was a life saver.
Over to the recipe.
- All purpose flour- 2 cup
- Wheat flour- 1 cup
- Baking powder-1 tsp
- Oil-2 tbsp
- Milk- 3/4 cup
- Salt to taste
For the filling:
- Boneless chicken-200 gms, chopped to small pieces, boiled with salt and pepper.
- Carrot - 1/2 cup, grated
- Cabbage-1/2 cup, finely sliced
- Cheese cubes- 3 triangles
- Tomato ketchup- 1 tbsp
- Mayonnaise- 2 tbsp
- Salt and pepper- as per ur taste.
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Knead the dough with above ingredients and keep aside for 1 hour. If the dough is too dry add some water and knead to a smooth dough.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the boiled chicken pieces and fry till outside turns brown.
- Add carrot and cabbage, saute for a while.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add tomato ketchup, mix everything well.
- Add cheese cubes and mix till cheese melts.
- Add mayonnaise and off flame.
- Now, make medium sized balls out of tortilla dough.
- Roll using a rolling pin, to about 7 inch diameter and medium thickness.
- Heat a hot tawa and place tortilla on it.
- Fry on both sides till done.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Now, place the filling on one side of tortilla in half portion in half moon shape.
- Fold the other half on top to seal the filling.
- Brush some butter on both sides of half folded tortilla.
- Fry on hot tawa, till outside turns crisp.
- Serve hot and enjoy.