Beef liver is one of my favourites and in my family it is a custom to have it for breakfast on the day of Eid. This time on post is beef liver varattiyath, in which liver was cooked with all the veggies added to it and then sauteed in coconut oil till all the water has been evaporated... Feel free to adjust the water content as you like... Some would love it in thé form of dry fry or with very little thick gravy.. It can be best paired with neypathiri or Battoora...
- Beef liver-250 gms
- Ghee- 3 tbsp
- Onion , sliced- 1 medium
- Ginger- Garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Green chilli- 1, cut length wise
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder-1 tbsp
- Pepper powder-1 tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1/2 tsp
- For tempering:
- Coconut oil-1 tbsp
- Curry leaves- a stem
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooked, add onions and saute.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, chilli and spice powders.
- Add liver and mix everything well.
- Add 1 cup of water and salt and pressure cook on medium flame for about 20 minutes.
- Off the flame and when the pressure dissipates, open the lid and keep on medium flame till most water is reduced..
- In another pan, heat coconut oil, add curry leaves and add to the prepared liver...
- Serve hot with any roti.