Strawberry cream puffs, when you are looking for some easy snacking recipe, that you can prepare on the go and have as fast as you can. Well you need some patience and wait till you thaw your puff pastry.While the puff pastry thaws at room temperature, you can prepare the cream filling. The cream filling needs to cool for a while to become thick. But you can transfer into a flat plate and keep in fridge to cool fast if you are in a hurry.
I have added a collage on how to design your puff pastry. You can bake it completely sealed with no opening unlike me.
Over to the recipe,
- Puff pastry sheets- 200 gm
- Milk- 2 cups
- Corn flour- 4 tbsp
- Sugar- 4 tbsp
- Vanilla essence- 1 tsp
- Strawberry- frozen or fresh, sliced
- Egg- 1 beaten with a tablespoon of water.
- Icing sugar- for dusting
- Thaw the puff pastry. Roll over a flour dusted surface to 1/4 th of an ich, Cut into 4 equal squares or more depending how small or big you want the squares to be.
- Add a tablespoon of filling onto one half and spread over the same half leaving a small room at the edges for sealing the puff pastry sheet.
- Place few slices of strawberry over the cream filling.
- Now fold over the remaining half of the pastry sheet thus enclosing the cream and strawberry filling. Gently press the edges with your finger to seal it.
- Now using a fork press the edges to create a design.
- After the edges are sealed, take a knife and sear diagonal lines to slightly show up the filling.
- Now brush the top of pastry with egg beaten with water. Bake for 15-20 minutes or till the top browns at 180 C.
- Once baked, dust the top with Icing sugar.
- Serve hot and enjoy.