This is a life saver and also saves your left over idlis. In my home, my daughter and me are great fans of Idli, but my hubby and son are the opposite. Usually I make Idlis for my daughter and me and with some batter, I prepare Dosas for Hubby and son. But when Idlis are left over, they are hardly used up just because I am lazy to prepare chutney to be eaten with, just for a few idlis or warming or heating it up. I'd rather stay hungry, so much is my laziness. But when it comes to feeding the family, its actually worth making something, if they are sure to enjoy it. So I transform the left over idlis this way and hubby happily eats all of it when served this way. Its quite easy to make and makes a good tea time snack or even breakfast
- Idli- 5 or 6 cut into 4
- Butter- 2 tbsp
- Garlic minced- 2 cloves
- Onion chopped finely- 1
- Chilli powder- 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Tomato ketchup- 1 tsp
- Pav Bhaji Masala - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice- 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves- 1/2 cup chopped finely
- Heat butter in a pan.
- Add minced garlic. Saute for a while.
- Now add chopped onions and saute till translucent.
- Add all the spice powders and mix well. Add ketchup and mix.
- Add lime juice and 2 tbsp water.
- Add coriander leaves and then add idlis.
- Off the flame and serve hot.