There must be scarcely anyone who doesnt like Pedas and Barfis. You dont need to be sweet toothed for that. When it comes to Pedas, people ranging from kids to old, love this chewy milky fudgy Indian sweet. To make your cravings even more stronger, this recipe is totally different from the traditional Pedas in terms of labour intensive procedures involved in its preparation. For not so chewy textures, if you are patient enough, you can wait for next day, to get bit more powdery kind of Peda... Not making you long more, over to the recipe.
- Saffron- 1/2 tsp
- Desi ghee- 2 tbsp
- Condensed milk- 1/2 tin
- Milk powder- 1 cup
- Cardamom powder- a pinch
- Milk (warm) - 2 tbsp
- Pistachios- to garnish
- Soak Saffron in milk for 10 minutes.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat ghee on medium low flame.
- Melt ghee and add condensed milk. Mix well.
- Add milk powder and keep stirring for smooth, lump free dough.
- Once it forms like a dough add cardamom powder and milk.
- Mix well using the spatula again till a dough is formed.
- The tip here is cooking long enough for the raw taste of milkpowder to disappear.
- Off the flame.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Once it cools enough to handle, make balls out of the dough.
- Gently press in the centre of each balls to form a small depression.
- Garnish with powdered pistachios or nuts of your choice in the center.
- Serve and enjoy!!