MANGO PHIRNI

First of all, let me apologise for the extra number of pictures I have uploaded. Although this is not the first such post, I think I should have reduced my number of recipe images. The reason being, I was extremely confused in deciding which picture looked best, I uploaded all that looked quite good to me.
 This time on post is an Indian dessert named, Mango Phirni. Even though Mangoes has gone out of season now, I decided to post this recipe as this recipe was sleeping in my drafts since months and I no longer wanted to make it wait to be posted.
 Even though most of you might be familiar with this dessert, let me make a small introduction of this dessert to all those aren't familiar. Phirni is a dessert basically of Punjabi origin, almost like kheer, thickened till a creamy consistency is reached by the addition of coarsely ground rice or  fine rice flour, seasoned with cardamom and saffron.
 Its so easy to make this, all you have to do is boil milk, add rice flour and sweetener, add your favorite flavoring, nuts and ready to go. For best taste, do not the skip the refrigeration part.


Over to the recipe,
Ingredients:
1.Mango, pureed coarsely- 1/2 cup
2.Milk- 2 cups
3.Condensed milk- 1/2 cup
4.Rice flour- 1/4 cup
5.Cashews- 10, chopped
6.Pistachios- 10, chopped
7.Saffron- 1/2 tsp
8.Cardamom powder- 1/2 tsp
9.Salt- a pinch

Method:
1. Boil milk.
2. When it comes to boil add condensed milk, rice flour and nuts.
3. Keep stirring as it thickens.
4. Add cardamom powder, saffron and salt.
5. Add in the mango puree and off the flame..
6. When it cools, refrigerate until you serve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kunafa

Bread pockets

chatti pathiri... layered pancakes with chicken filling & a happy news