CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER AND CHEESE CRESCENT ROLLS- HOME MADE

Last week something caught my attention on FB.. Home Bakers Challenge it was, a group in which members take up the challenge of baking different baked goodies. After having seen some of the pictures posted by different members of the group, floating on FB, I begged the admin to add me as well in the same group. She accepted my request and told me that , I can take up the challenge from next month on-wards. But I got very impatient with the chocolate bread rolls, which was the latest challenge. I browsed one of the member's recipe and made the dough accordingly but designed it in the form of a crescent roll.

The filling was of chocolate in the recipe, but I tried with chocolate, peanut butter, a mix of both and mozarella cheese... The scent of the baked dough wafting through the house was amazing and I couldn't resist myself till it got baked.

This dough served as an all-rounder in my kitchen that day... Made 16 crescent rolls.. With the remaining dough I made pizza like Arabic dish with cheese and Zaatar, which is another form of oregano. Hubby loves it and often has it from the Arabic bakery in our neighborhood. So that I thought I would give it a go. And it almost resembled the same.

Still there was some dough remaining , with which I fried some battooras to have with afternoon's some left over curry... So my idea to make some chocolate rolls worked as a life-saver for the day. For the given quantity you get a quite a lot of dough, enough to feed  a 2 adult, 2 kids family.
Battooras with same dough

Get the recipe of No-Yeast Battoora dough here.
Ingredients:
For the dough:

  • All purpose flour- 2 cups
  • Cake flour - 1/2 cup
  • Instant dried yeast - 1 and 1/2 tsp
  • Sugar- 2 tsp
  • Salt - 1 tsp
  • Butter/ ghee- 30 gms at room temperature
  • Egg - 1
  • Warm water - 120 ml
  • Milk - 2 tsp

 For the filling:

  •  Chocolate chips- depending on your needs
  • Peanut butter- depending on how much you need
  • Icing sugar- To add in the peanut butter for sweetness
  • Mozarella cheese- depending on how much you need.

Method:

  • In a large bowl, Mix flour, cake flour, yeast, sugar and salt.
  • Add to the dry ingredients, milk, water, egg and butter.
  • Knead until soft and smooth dough is formed.
  • Cover using a cling wrap.
  • Place in a warm place for about one hour for the dough to rise.
  • After one hour, place the dough on floured surface and deflate it.
  • Divide the dough into 5 equal parts.
  • Roll out and cut into 8 triangles
  • Place the filling of your choice on the broader end of each triangle.
  • Roll towards the tapering end.
  • Once rolled curve the rolls slightly.
  • Place the rolls on a greased baking sheet.
  • Cover loosely with a cling wrap again and let them rise for second fermentation for about 45 minutes
  • Brush the top of the rolls with egg yolk.
  • bake in a preheated oven for at 175 C| 350 F
  • Bake them for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
  • Before serving microwave for about 10 seconds to get warm rolls.





Coming up next on blog:
Home-made chocolate sauce




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kunafa

chatti pathiri... layered pancakes with chicken filling & a happy news

Vanilla Caramel Chocolate Cake with Dulce de leche (DDL) frosting and ganache